The trainee's learning portfolio provides the evidence of progress. It is the trainees responsibility to ensure that the documentary evidence is uploaded to the online portfolio by the specified submission date. Trainees are advised to meet with their Educational Supervisor well in advance to the published submission date. Trainees should note that any assessments completed after the submission date may not be counted towards their annual ARCP.
Please note that failure to complete the relevant number of Work Place Based Assessments (WPBAs) & mini PATs and / or an Educational Supervisors Report and / or to upload the following documentation could result in the trainee being issued with an unsatisfactory outcome at their ARCP:
- E-Portfolio up to date for current stage of training (Please refer to the Royal College of Psychiatrists website for guidance)
- Educational Supervisors Report
- Up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Form R
- Wider Scope of Practice
- Evidence of teaching experience, management experience, reflective practice and your case log summary
All Higher Specialist Trainees in Psychiatry are required to meet with the ARCP panel, this provides an opportunity to discuss performance to date, issues within the training programme and future career plans.
Please present the following documentation to your Educational Supervisor for review:
- Portfolio - completed in accordance with the Royal College of Psychiatrists Portfolio Guidance inc. WPBAs, summary of WPBAs and Exam Certificates
- Educational Supervisors Report (original copy)
- Account of Research / Special Interest
- Audit Participation
- Any other evidence you feel will be beneficial to the ARCP process.
The review will chart your progress to date and will identify any specific training needs for the future. The results of the review will be recorded on the ARCP form, copies of which will be sent to you and the Royal College with the original being retained by Peninsula Postgraduate Medical Education in your training record file. We advise that you share the information relating to your ARCP outcome with your Educational Supervisor to facilitate further Educational Supervision.
Further guidance on the ARCP process can be found on the Royal College of Psychiatrists website.
It is essential that the necessary documentation on e-portfolio is completed by the published submission date. This will enable panel members to access your e-portfolio and view the documentation prior to your ARCP taking place. Failure to do this can result in the assessment not going ahead and the trainee being issued with an unsatisfactory outcome.
Please see the School Structure page for Head of School, Training Programme Director, College Tutor and School Management contact details.